Membership experience coordinators oversee the recruitment and selection of regional volunteers and the evaluation of regional member needs. Those serving in this role create meaningful experiences for others to advance professionally, while developing their own skills in human resources and communication.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, for a two-year term, membership experience coordinators are responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a system of recruitment, appointment, evaluation, and recognition for regional volunteers, including creating short-term opportunities for involvement.
- Conducting outreach to member institutions, students, and professionals to find appropriate opportunities for them to become involved with regional activities.
- Promoting opportunities for involvement in regional communications, newsletters, website, email, etc.
- Collaborating with the Central Office to maintain and update records of volunteers holding positions, and serving as a resource for volunteers in the region to promote orientation and training opportunities.
- Developing and implementing a system of assessment and evaluation that allows the Regional Leadership Team to make data-driven decisions regarding all regional programs and engagement activities.
- Coordinating, with a screening committee, the Regional Leadership Team and the Regional Conference Planning Team application process, including reviewing applications, interviewing applicants, and recommending a slate of qualified candidates for appointment.
- Overseeing the regional director election process (unless applying for the position), and serving as primary contact in the region for the ACUI Elections Committee, participating in conference calls as requested.
- Serving as the primary contact in the region for the Volunteer Development Team, participating in conference calls as requested.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.