ACUI offers online courses that allow you to obtain a badge or micro-credential to demonstrate competence in a specified skill set and receive recognition for continuing your education and advancing your career.
Full courses last several weeks and include both synchronous and asynchronous learning with your cohort. Courses cost $199 for members and $259 for nonmembers. The registration deadline is one week prior to the start date. Premium Tier members may use the Full-Course Voucher toward this event.
The purpose of this course is to develop foundational budget development skills and knowledge in students and newer professionals within the college unions and student activities profession. The registration deadline...
The purpose of this course is to develop foundational audio visual skills and knowledge related to the college union and campus events. The course is targeted to novices, students, and...
This training will provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to create an emergency preparedness and management action plan for their campus union, department, or program. The registration deadline...
Mini-courses only cost $99 and are self-paced! You have up to six months from your registration to complete a course. There are no classes or peer-to-peer interaction. ACUI offers mini-courses connected to the core competency skill sets as well as other relevant topics. Premium Tier members may use the Mini-Course Voucher toward this event.
CORE COMPETENCY LEARNING PATHS
ACUI is working to develop mini-courses related to core competency skills sets. The current focus areas are Assessment, Evaluation, and Research; Event Management; and Social Justice. Each mini-course completion earns you a digital credential. If you choose to complete all courses in a given core competency, you can apply for a super-credential in that competency.
Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Mini-Courses
Event Management Mini-Courses
Social Justice Mini-Courses
- Attendance: Participants in full courses should complete the work in the week it is scheduled. Participants must reach out to the instructor of that module to request an exception.
- Course Format: Full courses consist of six to eight weeks of online learning. Some aspects are asynchronous (done on your own time) and some are synchronous (done as a class). As a general rule, you should set aside 4 hours per week for these courses. Mini-courses are 100% self-paced, and consist of approximately 30 hours of training that can be completed within six months. Full courses include high engagement, not only with the content, but also with your peers and faculty. Assignments and knowledge checks are included throughout the course. In addition to reading and viewing content, students will engage in class discussions through discussion boards and attend regularly scheduled virtual classroom sessions in real time. These virtual classroom sessions will be recorded for those for whom attendance is not possible. Students who successfully complete a course will receive a certificate and digital credential.
- Requirements: There are no prerequisites for courses, but a computer with high-speed Internet connection will be required to submit and participate in course activities. A webcam is strongly encouraged for virtual classroom meetings in full courses.
- Grading: The final grade will be based both on the assignments and participation in full courses. Participation includes completion of all aspects of the course, full participation in the discussions, and attendance or viewing of virtual classroom sessions in full courses. Faculty will grade all assignments in full courses and provide feedback. The final project will be graded by a human being in mini-courses. All other aspects of the course are self-paced and managed through the Learning Management System.
- Expectations: All participants in full courses are expected to actively participate in the Discussion Board and Virtual Classrooms, be respectful to each other, and adhere to all ACUI behavioral guidelines.
- Program Evaluation and Feedback: Students taking full courses will be contacted mid-course to collect feedback on their experience with the course. All course types ask students to fill out a survey at the end of the course with opinions on the program and suggestions on how we can improve going forward. Please take notes as you go through this program, and share with us your perspective on how we can better serve you in future.