Education & Research Fund
Show pride in the profession and support campus community builders to continue to receive professional development and access valuable membership resources into our future.
Education & Research Fundraising Activities at ACUI24
Come support the Education and Research Fund at the 2024 Annual Conference in Denver! All activities can be signed up for in advance of the conference. The registration costs of these fundraising events will go toward the Education and Research Fund.
Investing in Our Profession
At the 2023 ACUI Annual Conference, the Investing in our Profession campaign was officially launched, now with over $150,000 pledged to support a future endowment that will provide scholarships for ACUI members to gain professional certification. This campaign with improve access for those seeking to demonstrate ongoing learning and competence in the profession—enhancing career pathways and credibility.
Certification Scholarship Applications Open
Life-long learning is a core value of ACUI. With this in mind, we are excited to offer scholarships to help our members achieve Certified Student Affairs Educator – College Union (CSAEd-CU).
Ways to Give
Your generosity makes an impact, allowing ACUI to support campus community builders to continue to receive professional development and access valuable membership resources into our future. Reoccurring or one-time gifts can be made in any amount via check or credit card to help advance campus community any time of year. Every dollar counts!
Other Ways to Give
- Knot Club: I-LEAD® alumni are encouraged to donate in honor of the year attended to support the Meg Sutton I-LEAD® Scholarship, allowing future generations of student leaders to experience this life-changing program.
- Conference Events: Engage supporters through donations and bids on auction items during the Annual Conference or participate in a signature event at the Annual Conference.
- Matching Gifts: Employer matching programs can double or triple your gift. If your or your spouse/partner’s company has a matching program, email Fundraising Manager Justin Rudisille to learn how to best navigate options.
- Named Giving: Continue the legacy of a deserving individual by making a gift in their honor or giving to a named award endowment. For information about naming opportunities, please contact ACUI CEO John Taylor.
- Estate Giving: Plan your philanthropic legacy through a bequest or list the Education and Research Fund as a retirement or insurance beneficiary. Learn more by contacting ACUI Director of Finance and Administration Dave Teske.
Your gifts have an impact.
How, you ask? First, financial support from the variety of scholarships available to attend ACUI programs helps another generation of leaders further their learning and commitment to the profession.
And second, little research exists about college unions, and we want to change that. The Education and Research Fund has helped finance research on student learning through the built environment, involvement, and campus employment. This is done through offerings such as the ACUI Research and Education Grant and the Daniel M. Maxwell Dissertation of the Year Award.
Financial Assistance Fund
Grants are available to those whose institutional funds are lessened due to the impact of the current pandemic, allowing students and professionals to participate in ACUI programs or access needed resources. Deadline for financial assistant fund requests for the 2024 Annual Conference is January 5, 2024.
Limited funds remain available and will be considered on a rolling basis as received. This program will offer financial assistance up to a maximum total of $2,000 per institution within one calendar year in the form of grants supporting:
- Up to $1,500 for institutional membership
- Up to $1,000 for program registration fees, including:
- Annual Conference
- Seminars and Institutes
- Regional Conferences
- Online Courses
- Institutional membership funds are for renewals, not new members
- Applicants must hold a current ACUI membership
- Applicants must indicate budget reductions for professional development resulting from the current pandemic; supporting documentation is helpful, but a description in the application is sufficient
Multiple requests can be submitted, but the total of all awarded grants for an institution within one calendar year shall not exceed $2,000.