The Education and Research Fund chair is responsible for overseeing the work of the volunteer Education and Research Fund team, gaining valuable experience in fundraising, budgeting, management, and recruitment—all while making connections with colleagues as a leader in the profession.
Serving on the ACUI Leadership Team, overseeing the Education and Research Fund Program Team, and being supported by the events and operations manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, Education and Research Fund chair is responsible for:
- Developing a culture of giving within the Association.
- Raising monies to support: the ACUI Annual Fund, which supports general scholarships and Association research initiatives; and the ACUI Awards and Scholarships Fund, which endows specific scholarships and awards named in honor of significant Association members and events.
- Planning and implementing Education and Research Fund fundraising and promotion events at the Annual Conference including, but not limited to, a silent auction, donor reception, and other signature event(s).
- Developing, in conjunction with the Central Office, an annual operating budget for the Education and Research Fund, including anticipated revenue from fundraising into all funds and all operating expenses.
- Developing and managing giving campaigns to reach appropriate levels in each endowed fund.
- Directing Education and Research Fund marketing efforts, including website information, email communications, and serving as a representative to other members and volunteers.
- Supervising the Education and Research Fund Program Team volunteers, including the recruitment and selection of team members, facilitating regular communication and meetings, and coordinating team member assignments.
- Representing the Education and Research Fund to other component groups of the ACUI Leadership Team.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required including, but not limited to all Annual Conferences and all Leadership Team meetings throughout the term of office.
- Recruiting and selecting a diverse committee to assist in the development of the Association’s annual conference.
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is now accepting applications for this role. Apply by December 13!