Appropriate Behavior at ACUI Events
ACUI is committed to providing welcoming, safe, and inclusive learning environments at its conferences and events. During our programs, we want all participants to share ideas, network, and enjoy the company of others, and we recognize that our ability to create this experience depends on the behavior of all in attendance.
Event participants, speakers, staff, volunteers, service providers, guests, and exhibitors are expected to conduct themselves according to ACUI’s core values, and the ethical standards of the profession. All members of the ACUI community are to be considerate; refrain from any demeaning, harassing, or discriminatory behavior or speech; and immediately comply with any requests to discontinue objectionable behavior. The following are examples of unacceptable behavior:
- Offensive, hostile, or derogatory comments.
- Disruptive actions unrelated to the intended purpose of the event.
- Conduct that demonstrates a lack of professionalism or respect for another individual.
Individuals who witness or experience inappropriate behavior should notify a staff member immediately. Incidents can also be reported by completing this online form. ACUI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior.
Bias, discrimination, harassment, or retaliation by or against any member of the Association community is strictly prohibited and will be addressed according to the policy established by the Board of Trustees.
Videography and photography are strictly prohibited. Photos and recordings are only allowed with the permission of the presenter. Any recording or photo should respect the presenter’s rights and not be disruptive.
Registrants understand that they may be the subject of photographs, audio recordings, or videos that will be taken during this event and that such media will be included in ACUI’s stock files. By registering, individuals grant ACUI or its designees permission to photograph and record them, and waive compensation or approval rights to the future use of media from this event.
- All participants at ACUI events will be expected to follow any city, state, venue, or CDC policies and requirements in effect for the host location during the dates of the event.
- Participants are advised to take the steps needed to protect themselves and others, as attending a large gathering increases your chance of being in close contact with people outside your household and being exposed to COVID-19.
- Participants are encouraged to wear masks based on personal preference, if at risk for severe illness, or if the COVID-19 Community Level where they live is High.