The Volunteer Development Coordinator serves as a leader for volunteer engagement with ACUI. This member manages the recruitment and retention process while motivating and communicating with current volunteers to further the strategic direction of the Association.
Serving on the ACUI Leadership Team, overseeing the Volunteer Development Team, and being supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, for a two-year term, Volunteer Development Coordinator is responsible for:
- Coordinating and communicating a detailed plan for volunteer engagement in ACUI, reflecting input from other volunteers and component groups.
- Reviewing volunteer job description information to ensure they are consistent, are accurate, and define clearly the expectations, qualifications, and selection processes.
- Assessing the ACUI volunteer experience to continually improve and revise opportunities, communication, training, and recognition for volunteers.
- Coordinating, with the Central Office, a recruitment/marketing plan for volunteer positions.
- Identifying strategies to engage members as volunteers, cultivating an active file of interested volunteers and matching these individuals with available positions.
- Coordinating a process to recognize, thank, and retain volunteers, as well as the institutions that support volunteers.
- Evaluating and improving the application and selection process of volunteers.
- Developing procedures to follow-up with applicants who are not selected encourage them to apply for other positions.
- Developing procedures for regular evaluations of volunteer performance and Central Office staff liaison effectiveness.
- Providing training opportunities to ensure an informed volunteer workforce.
- Supervising the Volunteer Development Team volunteers, including the recruitment and selection of team members, facilitating regular communication and meetings, and coordinating team member assignments.
- Representing the Volunteer Development Team to other component groups of the ACUI Leadership Team.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required including, but not limited to all Annual Conferences and all Leadership Team meetings throughout the term of office.
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is not currently accepting applications for this role.