Student members of the Regional Leadership Team serve as a student voice and work with the team to boost student engagement and programming activities. Volunteers in this role gain opportunities for mentorship and professional development through creative thinking, communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
Reporting to the regional director, for a one-year term, student members are responsible for:
- Serving as the chair of any regional student advisory committees, networks, or other student groups.
- Working directly with the student involvement coordinator in the engagement of student members.
- Developing strategies for building a strong student network and recruiting more student participation in the region.
- Facilitating communication between the Regional Leadership Team and student members.
- Serving as the official student voice and resource in Regional Leadership Team business.
- Organizing and facilitating a meeting for students (undergraduate or graduate) at the Regional Conference.
- Serving as a member of the volunteer selection committee(s), as appropriate.
- Developing a personal development plan that highlights desired learning outcomes while holding this position.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.