Student involvement coordinators oversee the recruitment and engagement of undergraduate and graduate students within the region. Volunteers in this role advance their collaboration and facilitation skills to engage students in learning opportunities which promote the value of ACUI and the importance of advancing campus community.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the educational program manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, student involvement coordinators are responsible for:
- Recruiting students to serve on various regional committees, program teams, short-term roles, etc.
- Working directly with the student member of the Regional Leadership Team in the engagement of student members.
- Serving as the advisor to any regionally developed student advisory boards or similar groups.
- Promoting ACUI student programs and competitions to regional members.
- Engaging with campus-based clubs and groups that historically participate in ACUI student programs, providing support in the recruitment or development of other campus based groups, as needed.
- Serving as an ex-officio member of regional awards and scholarship committees, particularly for those awards and scholarships designed for students.
- Liaising with the Research Program Team as it relates to the engagement of graduate students at a regional level.
- Working with other Regional Leadership Team members or other regional volunteers in the development and implementation of undergraduate and graduate student network activities.
- Organizing and facilitating a meeting for students (undergraduate or graduate) at the regional conference, whichever the student member of the Regional Leadership Team is not organizing.
- Assisting in the promotion of free membership to regional students and faculty members.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.