Recognition coordinators oversee the processes associated with highlighting the efforts of regional members—including institutions, associate members, professionals, and students—for the contributions they make to the region and the overall Association. This position assists the region in showcasing the value of advancing campus community.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, for a two-year term, recognition coordinators are responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a volunteer recognition plan, including those at the regional conference in collaboration with the Regional Conference Planning Team.
- Coordinating the awards and scholarship process for the region—including planning for promotion and website content in collaboration with the communications coordinator, and maintaining and updating application forms.
- Working with other Regional Leadership Team members to identify potential nominees and solicit applications.
- Convening a selection committee of at least two additional volunteers to review nominations/applications and select winners.
- Coordinating the presentation of awards and scholarships, including ordering plaques, writing presentation scripts, recruiting award presenters, and any other announcements or publications, as appropriate for each award/scholarship.
- Facilitating communication with applicants and recipients for awards and scholarships.
- Communicating with event planners and the business manager about scholarships to ensure that recipients get processed and registered for programs in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on projects with the Regional Leadership Team and Regional Conference Planning Team to raise funds to support scholarships.
- Writing regular content for regional communications highlighting member accomplishments.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.