Inclusivity coordinators serve as a resource and advocate for strengthening inclusivity within the region and Association. The inclusivity coordinator infuses best practices around diversity, inclusivity, and social justice into the region’s programs, services, and communications—serving as a knowledge base and resource for other members of the Regional Leadership Team.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of content curation staff liaison, for a two-year term, inclusivity coordinators are responsible for:
- Developing strategies to advance ACUI’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, creating and maintaining a sense of community and inclusion for all its constituents and raising awareness regarding issues of oppression.
- Providing information and best practices for inclusion for all event sites, including restrooms, pronouns, accessibility, universal design, and dietary needs—training members of the Regional Leadership Team and Regional Conference Planning Team as appropriate.
- Leading outreach efforts to welcome and engage event attendees from the region who are newcomers, from small delegations, or from institutions outside of the U.S.—specifically planning programs in collaboration with the Regional Conference Planning Team.
- Assisting the member experience coordinator in the recruitment and selection of diverse volunteers for opportunities in the region, serving as a member of the screening committee for volunteer selections.
- Collaborating with the educational program coordinator and regional conference coordinator to ensure there are educational initiatives that will enhance members’ skill sets associated with the Intercultural Proficiency core competency—reviewing educational session proposals as appropriate and/or hosting roundtable events to address issues of inclusion in higher education.
- Promoting the efforts and achievements at member institutions in the region related to diversity and inclusion.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.