Educational programs coordinators work to accomplish the educational goals and objectives of ACUI through planning face-to-face educational events in the region. Volunteers in this role foster inclusive learning opportunities by facilitating professional development activities and planning events.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the director of education staff liaison, for a two-year term, educational programs coordinators are responsible for:
- Leading the development, delivery, and evaluation of a comprehensive and balanced program of professional development activities, services, and events for the region.
- Coordinating a minimum of one face-to-face educational event annually, which could include drive-in workshops, tours around the region, staff exchanges, etc.
- Providing leadership in developing a direction and vision for regional educational events which is in line with the vision and strategic direction of ACUI.
- Incorporating competency-based learning outcomes and program assessment into regional educational events.
- Assessing the needs of the membership and making appropriate recommendations on the delivery of educational content to ACUI and the region.
- Assisting in identifying, recruiting, and selecting knowledge-based experts and/or interested volunteers to present at regional educational activities.
- Working closely with the business manager to prepare a budget for regional education.
- Completing reports after regional educational events for the Regional Leadership Team, which include final budget numbers, participation numbers, and program evaluation results.
- Collaborating with other members of the Regional Leadership Team for their needs related to education, including communications, corporate involvement, volunteer involvement, student involvement, and website.
- Working alongside the Regional Conference Planning Team to ensure consistency in educational program offerings and delivery method.
- Providing recommendations for topics of interest and potential speakers to ensure the needs of the region are being fulfilled in online learning program offerings, proposing programs to the Online Learning Team as appropriate.
- Serving as the primary contact in the region for the Education Council, supporting the direction and vision for educational needs identified at the international level, and participating in meetings as requested.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.