The Regional Conference Planning Team works to provide an inclusive, accessible, and affordable educational experience for members of the region. In this role, volunteers will strengthen their teamwork, communication, and innovation, all while setting the tone for members’ community experience at the event.
Reporting to the regional conference coordinator, for a one-year term, team members are expected to:
- Ensure that the ACUI core competencies are seamlessly incorporated into all educational aspects of the conference.
- Ensure that designated tracks and conference experiences are of the highest quality, and meet the needs, of all members of the ACUI regional community.
- Seek educational programs that exhibit best practices in the profession, content experts who are forward thinking, and sessions that share new discoveries and create conversations on challenging issues in the field.
- Enhance communication with ACUI communities of practice
- Strengthen partnerships with ACUI corporate partners to increase sponsored program offerings and augment the exhibit hall experience.
- Use technology to strengthen recruitment, communication, and the delivery of the conference program.
- Attend and participate in all team planning meetings and conference calls as determined by the team throughout the year.
- Register for and attend the regional conference.
- Participate in regular conference calls with other regional counterparts as needed.
- Act as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspire student involvement in the regional conference and other ACUI programs and services.
- Provide information to help promote the activities, services, and events of the region through appropriate regional communications opportunities.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Association.
This regional planning position is ideal for those interested in collaborating to create experiences that engage members through events, research, fundraising, and other opportunities.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
The makeup of the Regional Conference Planning Team will vary among regions, but note that all teams are expected to include: a team member to serve as the host coordinator, who is identified through site selection process; and a team member to lead the educational components of the conference, who is selected through the team application process.