Business managers serve as the chief financial officer for the region. Through this position, volunteers develop professionally, working with a team to manage finances, develop budgets, and prepare reports. Business managers play an active role in both expense management and revenue generation for the region, including the regional conference, sponsorships, and scholarships.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the senior financial manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, business managers are responsible for:
- Overseeing all fiscal matters and budget management for the region.
- Creating of an annual budget plan for the region.
- Creating an annual revenue generation plan for the region.
- Advising the regional director, regional conference coordinator, recognition coordinator, and corporate partnerships volunteers as it relates to financial expectations, approvals, and needs of the region.
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the Regional Conference Planning Team.
- Maintaining and reconciling all regional financial records with those of the Central Office.
- Acting as a signatory on all regional contract review, reimbursement, and other appropriate financial forms.
- Preparing financial reports for monthly conference calls, regional conferences, and Regional Leadership Team meetings throughout the year.
- Maintaining regular communication with regional director, Regional Leadership Team members, and Central Office.
- Offering insight into the financial status of the region and participating in decisions that would affect the region’s financial health.
- Working with Regional Leadership Team members in preparing annual budgets and assisting the regional director in the development of an overall budget for the region.
- Transitioning accurate financial records and back-up documentation to future volunteers in the role.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the use of Excel spreadsheets and possessing an understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role particularly those related to the Regional Conference.
This is a regional leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
Applications for this role are now open in several regions. Check out the application section below or your region’s webpage for more details.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in scheduled Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. These typically include monthly conference calls; a face-to-face meeting at the regional conference; and a second face-to-face meeting at a time determined by the team.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
- Training and coordinating shadowing for in-coming volunteer in all processes and procedures related to their role.
Direct expenses for conducting association or regional business for meetings are covered by the association. However, positions requiring the volunteer to travel and be registered for conferences and events,is a commitment of the volunteer’s institution.
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.