The Education Council will be responsible for the comprehensive development, implementation, and evaluation of ACUI Core Competencies throughout the Association. The Education Council is a team of eight volunteers that ensure core competencies are incorporated in ACUI educational programs, services, activities, and events in line with the strategic direction of the Association.
Serving a three-year term on the ACUI Leadership Team, and being supported by the director of education staff liaison, Education Council members will assess the needs of the membership and make appropriate recommendations regarding educational resources through the following methods:
- Developing vision for the application, education, and visibility of the core competencies
- Participating in the development and implementation of the annual education plan, including developing achievement targets for the plan
- Creating the vision and initiatives for marketing the core competencies to members and nonmembers
- Identifying, recruiting, and selecting knowledge-based experts and interested volunteers to contribute to educational initiatives, such as presenting online educational programs
- Reviewing education sessions submissions for both regional and annual conferences
- Supporting and collaborating with the following ACUI teams on strategic direction, educational initiatives, and core competencies:
- I-LEAD® Curriculum Committee
- Central Office staff
- Conference Program Teams
- Regional educational programs volunteers
- Communities of Practice
- Assessment, Evaluation, & Research Program Team
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program Team
- Student Programs Team
- Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) liaison
- Board of Trustees
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is now accepting applications for this role. Apply by December 1!