Members of the 2026 Conference Program Team will join the chair and Central Office in creating a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and educational environment at ACUI’s largest event, while showcasing their talents through collaboration with colleagues. In this role, volunteers will enhance their professionals skills, expand their network, connect, communicate, and share ideas with peers.
Reporting to the 2026 Conference Program Team chair and supported by a staff liaison, team members are expected to:
- Be capable of expressing opinions openly and honestly while supporting group decisions.
- Be knowledgeable of issues and trends in our profession and higher education.
- Be willing to work hard and communicate concerns while undertaking responsibilities.
- Meet deadlines.
- Be flexible.
- Believe in ACUI’s mission and values.
- Possess strong communication skills as well as a sense of humor.
- Understand and support the association’s commitment to the core competencies of our knowledge-based professional association.
- Practice civility and inclusiveness as a member of a working group.
- Commit to making team meetings and responsibilities a priority.
- Have institutional support for their involvement.
This Association-level planning position is ideal for those interested in collaborating to create experiences that engage members through events, research, fundraising, and other opportunities.
ACUI is not currently accepting applications for this role.
The work of the committee will begin in November 2024 and conclude after March 2026 event. Each candidate must also be available to attend the Conference Program Team’s working meetings. Expenses for these meetings are covered by the Association. The dates for the meetings are not yet confirmed but will take place within the following timeframe:
- Arrive before the 2025 Annual Conference in New York for a meeting
- Planning meeting at the conference location in mid-2025
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.