The 2026 Conference Program Team chair leads the planning and execution of the conference program for the 2026 Annual Conference. Volunteers in this role practice strong communication, innovation, strategic program development, and collaboration skills to provide meaningful experiences and professional development opportunities at ACUI’s largest gathering.
Serving on the ACUI Leadership Team, overseeing a Conference Program Team, and being supported by a staff liaison, for a two-year term, Conference Program Team chairs are responsible for:
- Supervising the Conference Program Team volunteers, including the recruitment and selection of team members, facilitating regular communication and meetings, and coordinating team member assignments.
- Developing and implementing the overall direction of the conference educational program, including the selection of keynote speakers, sessions, presenters, and other conference enhancements.
- Partnering with Central Office staff on the production of the conference budget, planning timeline, event schedule, promotional plan, and overall conference management.
- Collaborating with staff and volunteers, determine which aspects of the conference may occur virtually and which will occur at the conference location.
- Consulting and cooperating with the host city volunteer(s), Central Office staff members, Association partners, component groups, or Conference Program Team to develop education, tours, local arrangements, etc.
- Communicating regularly with the Education Council, regional directors, communities of practice, Education and Research Fund, and other components concerning the development of the conference program.
- Working collaboratively with the Education Council members to develop the conference educational sessions to ensure a balanced offering for Association members.
- Advancing the Association’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, especially in addressing barriers to inclusion and in advancing participants’ Social Justice competency.
- Representing the Conference Program Team to other component groups of the ACUI Leadership Team.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required including, but not limited to all Annual Conferences and all Leadership Team meetings throughout the term of office.
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is now accepting applications for this role. Apply by December 13!
The work of the committee will begin in November 2024 and conclude after March 2026 event. Each candidate must also be available to attend the Conference Program Team’s working meetings. Expenses for these meetings are covered by the Association. The dates for the meetings are not yet confirmed but will take place within the following timeframe:
- Arrive before the 2025 Annual Conference in New York for a meeting
- Planning meeting at the conference location in mid-2025
Given current realities regarding potential current and future travel restrictions, members interested in this volunteer opportunity should still apply, and we will be flexible with accommodations and exceptions on a case-by-case basis, as necessary.