Graduate students serving on the Conference Management Team join the staff and volunteers to assist in the implementation of the Annual Conference.
Through this opportunity, members develop long-lasting relationships with peers, build professional connections through interactions with ACUI members, learn about the mission and operations of a higher education professional association, and develop skills in large event management, communication, problem solving, and customer service.
Reporting to the ACUI educational program manager, team members will be responsible for:
- Participating in staff training and meetings
- Preparing registration materials and assisting with on-site registration
- Assisting with the setup, staffing, and packing of the conference office
- Performing checks of room, audio-visual, and equipment setups
- Managing traffic flow at conference events and educational sessions
- Serving as a resource to conference delegates
- Assisting in the preparation of projects and tasks for conference onsite
ACUI will provide selected team members with: conference registration; hotel accommodations (quad occupancy with other students from the team); the opportunity to meet and work with the ACUI Central Office staff, ACUI leadership, and conference planning volunteers; and an experience that will be treasured personally and professionally.
Selected individuals are responsible for:
- Arranging transportation to and from the conference hotel in Denver
- Arriving by 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2024 and not departing until midday Thursday, March 29, 2024.
This is an Association-level contributing volunteer position, ideal for those interested in curating content for other members, reviewing materials to help make decisions, sharing expertise to build credibility, and welcoming participants at events.
ACUI is now accepting applications for this role. Apply by December 13!