By serving on the Board of Trustees, volunteers actively engage with the Association’s strategies, finances, and governance to lead the future of ACUI. Student members have the opportunity for professional development through leadership, strategic planning, networking with mentors, and learning about trends and issues facing the profession.
Reporting to the president and serving a one-year term, student members are responsible for:
- Advancing the principles articulated in the Association’s vision and core values.
- Performing various ceremonial duties such as attending regional conferences, speaking at various functions, writing articles for The Bulletin or other ACUI publications at the delegation of the president.
- Maintaining an active presence in the undergraduate/graduate student experiences as part of the Annual Conference.
- Serving as a liaison to the regional student involvement coordinators.
- Nominating qualified members that reflect the diversity of the Association for the leadership positions.
- Serving as a voting member of the Board of Trustees.
- Serving on all board committees and working on various projects related to those committees on a schedule determined by the president.
- Participating in all scheduled meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Attending required on-site meetings of the Board of Trustees (either virtual or at the Annual Conference, the Leadership Team meeting in Bloomington, Indiana, and other potential additional face-to-face board meetings); the cost for attendance at these meetings is covered by the Association.
- Participating in the review of the Association’s budget.
- Participating in the strategic planning of the Association.
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is not currently accepting applications for this role.