By serving on the Board of Trustees, volunteers actively engage with the Association’s strategies, finances, and governance to further enhance the community and lead the future of ACUI and the college union field.
Reporting to the president and serving a two-year term, at-large members are responsible for:
- Advancing the principles articulated in the Association’s vision and core values.
- Performing various ceremonial duties such as attend regional conferences, speaking at various functions, writing articles for the bulletin or other ACUI publications at the delegation of the president.
- Designing and directing the work of ad hoc and task force groups as requested by the president.
- Serving as liaison on the Board of Trustees for any presidential special appointees as assigned by the president and assist such appointees in the preparation of annual reports.
- Nominating qualified members that reflect the diversity of the Association for the leadership positions.
- Serving as a voting member of the Board of Trustees.
- Serving on all board committees, and perhaps serving as a committee chair if appointed by the president-elect.
- Participating in all scheduled meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Attending required onsite meetings of the Board of Trustees (at the Annual Conference, the Leadership Team meeting in Bloomington, Indiana, and other potential additional face-to-face board meetings); the cost for attendance at these meetings is covered by the Association.
- Participating in the review of the Association’s budget.
- Participating in the strategic planning of the Association.
2023 Election Timeline
- October 4–6 & 13: All interested applicants must schedule a required interest meeting prior to submitting their application.
- October 16: Application packets due
- October 20 & 23–24: Three-day appeal period
- October 25, Noon Eastern: Meet the candidates webinar
- November 1: Election opens, slate of candidates announced
- November 30: Election closes
- December 7: Scheduled announcement of election results to ACUI membership
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is not currently accepting applications for this role.