The Assessment, Evaluation, Research Program Team Chair leads efforts to implement the ACUI research agenda, contributing to the strategic initiatives of the Association. This volunteer advocates for the importance of research in the profession through collaboration, networking, and management.
Serving on the ACUI Leadership Team, overseeing the Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Program Team, and being supported by the director of content curation staff liaison, for a two-year term, the chair is responsible for:
- Providing leadership for ACUI’s research efforts.
- Promoting the ACUI research agenda through ACUI member communication channels and contact with graduate programs and faculty.
- Collaborating with the Education and Research Fund as a possible funding source for the support of research consistent with the ACUI research agenda, assisting researchers seeking funds, and participating in fundraising activities.
- Leading the Research Program Team in the promotion, selection, and administration of the writing and research awards.
- Identifying strategies to identify and recruit new volunteers interested in research related to college unions and student activities.
- Supporting the publication of research related to the ACUI research agenda in ACUI publications and other appropriate organization outlets.
- Coordinating educational efforts (conference sessions, webinars, and other instructional activities) related to research.
- Using key Association resources, such as the annual educational plan developed by the Education Council as guiding documents, to create and maintain the Association’s research agenda.
- Ensuring that the “Research Corner” section of The Bulletin, which summarizes a recent study of interest to ACUI members, is regularly submitted by the Research Program Team.
- Encouraging attendance of Research Program Team members at conferences of other higher education organizations to represent and share ACUI research efforts.
- Supervising the Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Program Team volunteers, including the recruitment and selection of team members, facilitating regular communication and meetings, and coordinating team member assignments.
- Representing the Research Program Team to other component groups of the ACUI Leadership Team.
- Attending scheduled Association meetings as required including, but not limited to all Annual Conferences and all Leadership Team meetings throughout the term of office.
This is an Association-leading volunteer position, ideal for those interested in determining and advancing strategic directions, governing over long-term goals, representing the association to other members, and setting the tone for member experiences.
ACUI is not currently accepting applications for this role.