The Women's Leadership Institute is the premier program for women leaders across campus. The program is held at a resort-style location to maximize learning and minimize distractions, and is designed for women who aspire to new leadership positions on campus. The institute features a curriculum with an overall focus on building the next generation of leaders in higher education administration and student affairs. This is a wonderful program for women of all ages to come together to learn and network with one another, forming bonds that will last a lifetime.
Program dates: The SOLD OUT 2016 program will be Dec. 6–9 in Dana Point, Calif. Find out more.
The 2017 program will be similar to program that was held Dec. 6–9, 2015 in Amelia Island, Fla. | Review the 2015 program. The dates are Dec. 3–6 at Amelia Island and registration is already open. Register for 2017 here.
- A stronger community of practice among women in the college and university environment
- Personal and professional growth through reflection and both general and concurrent sessions
- Team-building and leadership development
- Empowerment for women to pursue higher level positions in their respective fields
Potential program topics:
- Gender communication
- Negotiating salary
- Techniques for good supervision
- Work/life balance
- Conducting quality searches
- Financial competency
- Career mapping
What participants have to say:
“The workshop was fantastic—well-organized, informative, and thought-provoking—thank you!”
“I loved the fact there is an all-women institute. I appreciated the variety of ages and years of experience in the delegates.”
“What made this conference valuable was the interaction with other participants and personal time to reflect and rejuvenate.”
"This is the best conference I have ever attended."
Nov. 10, 2016