Regional conference coordinators provide leadership to the planning efforts for the premier educational and networking event of the region. This position expands the volunteer's network and develops skills in event planning, establishing vision, and managing teams.
Reporting to the regional director and being supported by the events and
operations manager staff liaison, for a two-year term, regional conference
coordinators are responsible for:
- Recruiting, selecting, and leading a committee to plan the regional conference.
- Establishing a planning team from the host institution in support of the conference committee.
- Coordinating monthly conference calls with the Regional Conference Planning Team and conference host institution representatives.
- Providing a cost-effective, educational, and engaging experience for professionals and students that supports and advances the mission of ACUI.
- Working closely with the business manager to prepare a budget for the conference and with the host institution to minimize conference expenses.
- Completing a report after the regional conference for the Regional Leadership Team, which includes final budget numbers, participation numbers, and program evaluation results.
- Ensuring the regional conference evaluation of the educational program and conference logistics is completing, in partnership with the ACUI Education Council.
- Collaborating with other members of the Regional Leadership Team for their needs related to the regional conference, including awards presentations, corporate involvement, inclusivity, regional communications, volunteer recognition, and website.
- Assisting the regional director in recruiting future regional conference locations.
- Working with the incoming regional conference coordinator to ensure a smooth transition of conference planning information and resources.
Previous experience on the Regional Leadership Team or a Regional Conference Planning Team is beneficial, though not required. Additional time may be required during the months leading up to the Regional Conference.
All Regional Leadership Team members are also responsible for:
- Participating in the scheduled face-to-face Regional Leadership Team meetings during the year. One meeting should take place at the regional conference and the other at the time decided by the team.
- Participating in monthly Regional Leadership Team conference calls throughout the year.
- Acting as a resource person for the region and campus organizations.
- Inspiring student involvement in regional and ACUI events and opportunities.
- Developing proposal for an educational session at the regional conference.
- Supporting efforts in the region to raise funds for scholarships and corporate partnerships.
Please note that the regional directors have made adjustments to the Regional Leadership Team volunteer structure. Changes to position descriptions have been updated for new volunteers applying for positions in 2018, though the complete transition of the structure will not be completely in place until 2019 with current volunteers in already serving in positions.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term. Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Regional leading volunteer positions require a commitment of two years, except for student positions which have a one-year term. Over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate at least 4 hours of conference call and project work per month, in addition to attending in-person Regional Leadership Team meetings.
Applications are currently being accepted for this position in the regions listed below. The application deadline is June 22. Region I Region III Region V Region VII
Region II Region IV Region VI Region VIII
A screening committee made up of the regional director, regional volunteer coordinator, staff liaison, and other related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.