Interested in skiing/riding at a famous Colorado ski area after the conference on March 28–31? If so, please take some time to read the information and FAQs below to connect with others from ACUI in that experience!
Thus far, we have received interest from a number of folks who were generally looking to head to Copper Mountain on Thursday, March 28; get one or two days of lift passes; and depart Copper Mountain on Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately, we did not garner enough interest to warrant group transportation shuttle arrangements.
To enable communication amongst those who desire it, we have created a GroupMe group. If you plan to participate, or want to connect about potential transportation options, please click here to join the GroupMe.
Once a group hotel rate is secured, it is recommended that you reserve a room as soon as possible, as this opportunity is during spring break season and space may fill up. When we have a better idea of interest and details, your reservation will be able to be adjusted or cancelled.
Lift Tickets, Rentals, and Lessons
To make arrangements for the best experience at Copper Mountain, please:
- Secure your lift tickets for the days desired
- Reserve any ski/snowboard rentals
- Reserve any lessons you may need
The benefit of a ski rental at Copper Mountain is that if something doesn’t fit properly, you can easily exchange it there. Please note there will be a USASA competition that week at Copper Mountain—which will provide some unique opportunities to watch the competition, but availability is limited and rooms, rentals, lessons are not being held for our group unless you reserve them. Please reserve early.
We have secured the two lodging options for ACUI members:
- Cambria Hotel which is conveniently located onsite at Copper Mountain. An ACUI group rate has been secured for March 28–31, but a block of rooms is not being held for our group. Due the demand, the group rates range from $374 (non-refundable) to $416 (free cancellation). Lodging here is as-available alongside the general public.
- AC Hotel by Marriott which is located in Frisco with an hourly shuttle running between the hotel and Copper Mountain) and is holding a block of 10 rooms starting at $219; the deadline to book a room is February 12.
Please reserve your room as soon as you can to ensure the best rates.
A variety of transportation options are available to get from Denver to Copper Mountain:
Please make your transportation arrangements based on your travel requirements and the number of days you plan to stay on the mountain. You can connect with others about potential transportation options via the GroupMe created for this purpose.