The ability to successfully exchange information through verbal and nonverbal symbols and behaviors.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
The ability to successfully maintain attractive, safe, fully operable built environments.
- General Administration and Management
- Daily Facilities Management and Assessment
- Environmental and Energy/Utilities Management
- Building Design and Construction
The ability to develop and manage financial systems through responsible stewardship of fiscal resources.
- Basic Accounting
- Technology Related to Financial Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Budget Development and Management
- Contracting and Contract Negotiation
The ability to interact with staff members and to manage staff resources in a consistent and equitable manner.
- Organizational Development
- Human Resources Laws and Institutional Practices
- Hiring and Promotion
- Training Skills
- Performance Appraisal
- Volunteer Management
- Healthy Lifestyles
The ability to successfully communicate, understand, and interact among persons with differing assumptions that exist because of ethnic and cultural orientations.
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity
- Communication among Cultures
- Cultural Symbols and Artifacts
- Global Knowledge
The ability to develop and communicate a vision so that others commit to fulfilling the mission and goals of the organization.
- Role Modeling
- Political Adeptness
- Decision Making and Conflict Resolution
- Group Facilitation
- Problem Solving
- Vision and Planning
- Collaboration and Partnerships
The ability to coordinate, oversee, administer, and evaluate the daily operations of our facilities, programs, services, and activities.
- Customer Service
- Administrative Savvy
- Knowledge of Relevant Laws/Legal Requirements
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Project Management
The ability to identify primary markets and to develop and use effective promotions, communications, and informational pieces in a variety of media and formats.
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Advertising
- Principles of Public Relations
- Principles of Communication
The ability to identify organizational needs and to initiate strategies aligned with the institutional mission, strategic direction, and values.
- Establishing Priorities
- Goal Setting
- Strategic Planning
- Preparing for the Unexpected
- Real Estate Development
The ability to create educational environments and experiences that intentionally provide students with opportunities for developing intellectual and interpersonal skills, beyond the traditional time and place boundaries.
- Student Development Theory
- Instruction and Training
- Identifying Desired Outcomes
- Assessing Outcomes
The ability to understand the overall intent of and to choose from appropriate tools, equipment, and procedures for service delivery and problem solving.
- Technology Resources
- Technology Application and Administration