Designing, Marketing, and Programming Evolving University Spaces
July 17 | University of Hartford
ACUI Region VIII and APPA: Leadership in Educational Facilities’ Eastern Region present a one-day drive-in workshop on the planning, design, and marketing of evolving university nonclassroom spaces. The workshop is intended to attract student affairs facilities personnel, academic space managers, and other staff who oversee administrative areas. Content will cover how to improve existing spaces to enhance campus climate and life. The drive-in concentrates on library/research spaces and college union/student center spaces that the University of Hartford has completed or is currently renovating.
Registration for this program is just $25!
The tentative schedule is below.
- 10 a.m. — Check-In/Registration/Coffee/Tea (Gengras Student Union North Café)
- 10:30 a.m. — Planning for Evolving University Facilities with Norm Young, Associate Vice President for Facilities and Planning (Gengras Student Union North Café)
- 11:30 a.m. — Concurrent Sessions:
- Designing Evolving Library and Study Spaces (Harrison University Libraries K.F. Seminar Room)
- Tour of Harrison University Libraries Addition and Renovated Areas
- 1:30 p.m. — Working Lunch: Marketing Your Evolving Facilities to Complement University Branding with Paula Ribeiro, Director of Brand Strategy (Gengras Student Union South Café); meal from Zoca Bar featuring Mexican Theme Eats from Moe’s Southwestern Grill
- 2:30 p.m. — Changing Student Culture Through Renovated Space Design (Gengras Student Union 331-333)
- 3:30 p.m. — Hard Hat Tour of Gengras Student Union Renovated Areas
- 4:30 p.m. — Adjournment/ACUI 2018 Region VIII Conference Preview (Gengras Student Union 331-333)