Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS)
ACUI is a charter member of the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS). Established in 1979, CAS is a consortium of 36 professional associations concerned with the development and promulgation of professional standards and guidelines for student learning and personal development support programs and services in institutions of higher learning.
CAS had developed sets of functional area standards and guidelines within higher education as well as one set of student affairs master's level preparation standards. ACUI has been involved in the development and revision of many of those standards.
Standards that might interest ACUI members include:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Programs
- Campus Activities Programs
- Campus Information and Visitor Services
- Campus Religious and Spiritual Programs
- Career Services
- College Honor Societies
- College Unions
- Conference and Events Programs
- Counseling Services
- Disability Support Services
- Distance Education Programs
- Education Abroad Programs and Services
- Fraternity and Sorority Advising Programs
- International Student Programs
- Internship Programs
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Programs
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services
- Orientation Programs
- Outcomes Assessment and Program Evaluation
- Recreational Sports Programs
- Service-Learning Programs
- Student Conduct Programs
- Student Leadership Programs
- Women Student Programs
ACUI members can download electronic versions of our CAS standard online. Please login to do so.
If you are not a member of ACUI and would like to access to these files, join ACUI now.
Updated Sept. 10, 2012