The review process includes, but is not limited to, an assessment of
the criteria listed below. Due to the wide variety of projects that can be considered, a project does not need to meet every criterion. The program must:
- Demonstrate the use of practices that exemplify outstanding creativity or introduce new approaches beyond what is standard.
- Demonstrate effectiveness of the campus department or the community where it occurred.
- Achieve its stated intended outcomes with a lasting impact that successfully serves a community or campus need.
All ACUI member institutions are eligible to apply for this award.
For collaborative initiatives or partnerships, all institutions must be
ACUI members. Eligible programs must:
- Have taken place since the beginning of the previous academic year.
- Serve as a model to other campuses for replication.
- Achieve its stated program outcomes and objectives, with evaluation tools in place.
- Agree to allow a summary of their accomplishments to be published.
Applications for this campus award will be due again in December 2018, which must include the following:
- Name, institution, and contact information of the primary contact for the program.
- Title of the program.
- A two-page summary of the program, addressing:
- Description of the program, including goals and intended outcomes.
- Evidence of the impact of the program, including attendance, evaluation results, and achievement of intended outcomes.
- Evidence that the program meets the criteria identified for this specific award.
- And one compiled packet of additional supporting documentation for the program, which could include photos, marketing samples, course materials, budget information, testimonials, etc.
Electronic notification will be sent to confirm submissions have been received. A confidential Campus Awards Committee, appointed annually by the ACUI president, will review materials to make the selection. One recipient will be chosen, unless otherwise noted for the specific award. One physical award will be given to the recipient, who will be recognized during the awards ceremony at the annual conference and in subsequent publications.