Apply for the Board of Trustees
Thinking about who you might like to nominate for a position on the ACUI Board of Trustees or whether you would like to nominate yourself? Helpful information is included on this page to assist in that process.
We are now accepting applications for one student member position, due Dec. 2. Information about this process is available below.
The election for the president-elect and at-large positions on the 2016–17 Board of Trustees will occur from Oct. 17 until Nov. 15 at 11 p.m. Eastern. During this window, eligible voting members can view candidate profiles and cast their ballot in the "Voting Center" on the left menu.
Relevant Documents for Prospective Applicants to the ACUI Board of Trustees
Below are the 2016–2017 documents that give more context and information to the role of the ACUI Board of Trustees and the election process.
2016-17 Elections Timeline
Expectations of Board of Trustees Members
Position Description, At-Large Member
Position Description, President-Elect
Position Description, President
Position Description, Student Member
ACUI Election General Policies and Procedures
ACUI Elections Committee
Governing and Strategic Documents
Application for the Student Position
An application consists of four things:
- A completed Student Board Member Application including information on:
- ACUI background
- Reason for interest
- Relevant leadership experiences
- A letter of support from faculty or staff member
- A completed and signed volunteer agreement form
- A personal photo (300 dpi; all major formats are acceptable)
The application for the Student Member position will be due Dec. 2, 2016.
Application for At-Large and President Positions
An application consists of three things:
- A completed Ballot Information Form including:
- Statement of candidacy
- What do you believe are the most important strategic issues facing the Association within the next three to five years and how should the Association effectively respond?
- Given the Board of Trustees position description, what skills, abilities, and experience do you possess that would contribute to your success as an effective board member?
- Information on educational background, previous presentations/publications, and relevant volunteer experiences.
- A completed Institutional Support Form [.pdf]
- A personal photo (300 dpi; all major formats are acceptable) for publication during the election
Applications will be accepted in October 2017 for those interested in running in next year's election.
For more information, contact Sarah Aikman, chair of the 2016–17 ACUI Election Committee, at email@example.com, or Justin Rudisille at the ACUI Central Office at 812.245.8064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.